We are looking for a bright, passionate and motivated professional Incident Management technician to oversee our On-site Incident Management operations. The Incident Management Technician is responsible for daily management and scheduling of onsite client support requests. The candidate should possess excellent communication skills and enjoy working with people. This role requires travel to client sites mostly located in the GTA and therefore a vehicle is required. The headquarters for this role is located in Richmond Hill. This role reports to the Service Desk team lead starting at 8:30AM to 5:00PM. MBC’s hours of operation are “As required by our clients”, which means some weeks will only require 40 hours and others can be much more demanding.
- Install and repair hardware, software and peripherals
- Oversee performance of all network equipment while onsite.
- Work with the escalations team to complete any onsite task required for escalation ticket resolution
- Performing on-site diagnosis, analysis, and resolution of complicated PC problems for various end users, and implementing and recommending corrective solutions.
- Engage the client and insure that the clients’ technical needs have been resolved to their satisfaction
- Engage in project based assignments on an as needed basis as determined by skill set and overall alignment with a given project as determined by the Project Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by Service Desk Team Lead and or senior management.
- Update service ticket status and details real time while at client site
- Create detailed documentation during troubleshooting and resolution.
- Communicate with end users and translate technical issues into terms end users are able to grasp and understand.
- Update clients on ticket status on a continuous basis until resolution
- Troubleshoot end user devices including the following
- Mobile Phones
- IP Desk Phones
- Keep accurate travel logs and expense travel and parking on a monthly basis
- Participate in after hours on call rotation scheduled from
- 5:30PM to 11:00PM on weekdays
- 9:00AM to 11:00PM on Saturday and Sunday
- All technicians will be required to complete the prescribed certifications as part of their employment with MBC
- Microsoft Office Suites (2007 to current)
- Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Microsoft Server 2008/R2, 2012/R2
- Active Directory, Print Servers, Folder Permissions, Roaming Profiles as they relate to end users
- Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server management
- Hyper-V and VMWare Virtualization management
- Major Cloud Platforms
- Azure, Amazon S3, Office 365, Google Apps
- Basic Understanding of Routing, VLAN, and VPN technologies
- Familiar with the following hardware
- SonicWALL Firewall and Router devices
- Cisco Enterprise Managed Switching devices
- Cisco IP Phone devices
- Cisco Enterprise Wireless Access Points
- 1+ years in a service desk environment or equivalent experience
Contact Us to Apply
Please email your resumes to email@example.com and thank you for your interest.